General Use of the Service—Permissions and Restrictions
SciFiWebChannel hereby grants you permission to access and use the Service as set forth
in these Terms of Service, provided that:
- You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Service or the Content
without SciFiWebChannel's prior written authorization, unless SciFiWebChannel makes available
the means for such distribution through functionality offered by the Service
(such as the Embeddable Player).
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Service.
- You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the
video playback pages of the Service itself, the Embeddable Player, or other
explicitly authorized means SciFiWebChannel may designate.
- You agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless
you obtain SciFiWebChannel's prior written approval:
- the sale of access to the Service;
- the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the
Service or Content; or
- the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of an
ad-enabled blog or website containing Content delivered via the Service, unless
other material not obtained from SciFiWebChannel appears on the same page and is of
sufficient value to be the basis for such sales.
- Prohibited commercial uses do not include:
- uploading an original video to SciFiWebChannel, or maintaining an original channel on
SciFiWebChannel, to promote your business or artistic enterprise;
- showing SciFiWebChannel videos through the Embeddable Player on an ad-enabled blog or
website, subject to the advertising restrictions set forth above in Section 4.D;
- any use that SciFiWebChannel expressly authorizes in writing.
(For more information about what constitutes a prohibited commercial use.)